San Francisco State University (commonly referred to as San Francisco State, SF State and SFSU) is a public research university located in San Francisco, California, United States.
The College of Extended Learning at San Francisco State University (SF State) offers a wide variety of continuing adult education courses and programs to prepare you for career advancement, career change, or personal growth. The University offers nationally-acclaimed curricula and faculty; weekend, evening, and online courses; plus access to thousands of transferable degree-credit University classes.
Who Can Apply?
- Extended Learning students are degree-seeking SF State students, working professionals, students who have completed their formal education, students wanting to take a program that is not offered as a degree, and the general public. Some programs are also available for students who want to complete advanced academic degrees and certificates.
San Francisco State University College of Extended Learning (CEL) offers academic credit certificates, professional development certificates, intensives, individual credit and non-credit courses, and access to SF State courses through Open University.
Academic Credit Certificates:
- Clinical Lab Sciences
- Digital Animation
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Music/Recording Industry
- Paralegal Studies
- Pre-Health Professions
- Pupil Personnel Services Credential – Psychology
- Pupil Personnel Services Credential – Social Work
- Spanish/English Interpretation (Legal/Court)
Professional Development Courses & Intensives:
- Data Analytics
- Mobile UX/UI Design Intensive
- Professional Communication Skills
- Professional Development for Teachers
- Reading Development
- Social Media Marketing Intensive
- Web Design Intensive
Professional Development Certificates:
- Autodesk Authorized Training Center
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Clinical Medical Assistant Online
- Clinical Trials Design & Management (Biotechnology)
- Dental Assistant Online
- E-Learning Design & Development
- EKG Technician Online
- English for Professional Purposes (ESL)
- Event & Meeting Planning
- Executive Certificate in Financial Planning
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Human Resource Management
- Medical Administrative Assistant Online
- Medical Billing & Coding Professional
- Medical Billing & Coding Online
- Mobile UX/UI Design Intensive Certificate
- And many more….