University of California Berkeley Extension
- The University of California, Berkeley, is a public research university located in Berkeley, California. Founded in 1868, Berkeley is the oldest of the ten research universities affiliated with the University of California system and is ranked as one of the world’s leading research universities and the top public university in the United States.
- The University of California, Berkeley, Extension is a department in UC Berkeley offering Certificates & Courses which can have credits, non-credits & campus equivalents.
- Duration of Certificate courses at UC Berkeley Extension is 2, 4, 8 months & year long programs.
Who can apply:
- Undergraduates(Students must have completed at least one year of academics at University), Graduates & Professionals.
- It provides Graduate School Admission Support for UC Berkeley & transferable credits for other Universities.
- Transcripts will be provided.
- Online Application
- TOEFL: 90 Or IELTS:7
- GPA 3.3+ (Official University Transcripts)
- Statement of Purpose
Berkeley Global Access Tracks (Certificates):
1] BerkeleyHaas Global Access Business Program
Who can apply: Top-qualifying international Undergraduate & Graduate students from both business and non-business backgrounds interested in Business.
Contents: 12 Units (9 Units of Core Curriculum & 3 Units of Electives).1 or 2 semesters studying Entrepreneurship, Innovation & Technology, High Technology Marketing Management, New Venture Finance, Microeconomic Analysis for Business Development, Data and Decisions. Students can continue for further studies at UC Berkeley or other top public business school in the U.S.
2] Environmental Design Track
Who can apply: Top-qualifying international Undergraduate, Graduate & professionals students interested in Environmental Design. Students having related background in Architecture, City Planning/Urban Studies or Landscape Architecture & students outside this major.
Contents: 1 or 2 semesters focusing on Environmental Design & Built Design. Students can continue for further studies at UC Berkeley or other top ranked Architecture school in the U.S.
3] Digital Media Track
Who can apply: Top-qualifying international Undergraduate & Graduate students looking to apply digital communications strategies to their degree programs and professionals wanting to expand on their current skill set. Open to both Journalism & non Journalism majors.
Contents: 1 or 2 semesters focusing on new media skills & technology to provide students with a transformative experience in digital media content creation. Students can continue for further studies at UC Berkeley or other top ranked Journalism school in the U.S.
4] English Track
Who can apply: Top-qualifying international Undergraduate & Graduate students interested in focusing in the area of English.
Contents: 1 or 2 semesters focusing on English Literature.Students can continue for further studies at UC Berkeley or other top ranked English school in the U.S.
Internship & OPT:
- Certificate course with an internship and OPT! To be eligible for OPT 12 credits must be completed.
- Start in the spring, intern during the summer, continue with fall studies, then apply for 12 months of OPT.
- Start in the fall, continue in the spring, intern during the summer, then apply for 12 months of OPT.
- Only 3 international students can get Scholarships for Spring 2018 upto $5000(Highly Competitive).
Application Deadlines for Spring 2018:
- Scholarship deadline: October 27, 2017
- General Deadline: November 20, 2017
Application Deadline for Fall 2018:
- Final Application Deadline: June 29, 2018
- Application Fee: $200